Welcome to my Project!

Hey everyone, welcome to my math genius hour project! 

My name is Jenna, or you can call me Miss Stanbury! I am a teacher candidate at Brock University with my two teachable subjects in French and Mathematics! I'm very excited that you have decided to follow along with my genius hour project!

My Genius Hour Question is:
How can I keep students engaged and interested in a math classroom through cross-curricular lessons and activities?

For my genius hour project, I have established 3 goals to keep me focused on my main question.

  1. My first goal is to explore the positive effects of cross-curricular education in mathematics, as well as the possible issues that cross-curricular lessons may cause.
  2. My second goal is to determine a workflow or a guide to incorporate cross-curricular teaching into my lesson planning. 
  3. My third goal is to create a series of short 30-minute lessons (1 each week), each connecting to the various subjects that grade 9 or 10 students take. (eg. English, Science, Geography, History, French, Music, Drama, Art, etc.)
Measuring Progress:

I have developed a tracking organizer in my google drive to document my progress each week. In this document, I will outline my goal for each week, my research, my weekly lesson connecting to another subject area, my weekly takeaways, and other information that is important to my genius hour project. Below you can follow the link to my tracking organizer, which outlines the different components that I will complete in my first week of research.


I would like to use this project as a way to gather resources and cross-curricular lessons and activities that can be used in a math class! I will create a google drive folder to organize various resources, lessons and activities, which I will share throughout this journey!

I'm super excited to learn all about cross-curricular teaching within a math classroom, and I can't wait to share my discoveries with you!

See you next week!

- Miss Stanbury ❤

Comments

Popular Posts